Welcome to DU!
The truly grassroots left-of-center political community where regular people, not algorithms, drive the discussions and set the standards.
Join the community:
Create a free account
Support DU (and get rid of ads!):
Become a Star Member
Latest Breaking News
Editorials & Other Articles
General Discussion
The DU Lounge
All Forums
Issue Forums
Culture Forums
Alliance Forums
Region Forums
Support Forums
Help & Search
General Discussion
Related: Editorials & Other Articles, Issue Forums, Alliance Forums, Region ForumsVendor pulls Dem group's ad against U.S. Rep. Don Bacon after legal threat by NRCC
I'm sorry this is a few days old, but important.
OS

A screenshot provided by the House Majority Forward of the ad against Republican U.S. Rep. Don Bacon of Nebraska. (Courtesy of House Majority Forward)
https://nebraskaexaminer.com/briefs/ad-vendor-pulls-dem-groups-anti-rep-don-bacon-ad-after-legal-threat-by-nrcc/
By: Juan Salinas II - March 26, 2025 5:00 am
LINCOLN — A national advertising vendor pulled a billboard ad targeting U.S. Rep. Don Bacon from a Democratic-aligned group after the National Republican Congressional Committee, or NRCC, pressured them with a threat of legal action.
Last week, the NRCC succeeded in removing some similar House Majority Forward ads running in four of six swing districts held by House Republicans that the group targeted.
The NRCC told the Examiner last week they were trying to find the vendor who handled the anti-Bacon ads and would “get them taken down.” The group called the ads “defamatory” because of the claim of Bacon voting to “cut” Medicaid.
Bacon has said the ads were “dishonest” on social media. The House Majority Forward ad referred to Bacon’s vote for a proposed GOP budget, which included a level of cuts that a non-partisan federal budget office said earlier this month can’t happen without cutting Medicare or Medicaid.
FULL story at link above.
14 replies
= new reply since forum marked as read
Highlight:
NoneDon't highlight anything
5 newestHighlight 5 most recent replies

Vendor pulls Dem group's ad against U.S. Rep. Don Bacon after legal threat by NRCC (Original Post)
Omaha Steve
Monday
OP
Raven123
(6,515 posts)1. I know they won't, but the Dem group should sue the vendor
BannonsLiver
(19,027 posts)12. 100 percent
Walleye
(39,229 posts)2. They can dish it out, but they can't take it.
The same people who invented “Biden crime Family“ are suddenly sensitive to defamation?
BoRaGard
(4,721 posts)3. G.O.P. fascists are on the march
No truthiness but GOP truthiness...must seek gop approval before speaking
gab13by13
(27,397 posts)4. What is Ken Martin doing?
LymphocyteLover
(7,669 posts)5. what fucking BULLSHIT! JFC
sinkingfeeling
(54,825 posts)6. This is why the 'old' America will not return. Fascism is here.
Kid Berwyn
(19,730 posts)7. NAZIs don't like it when the truth is shared.
And SCROTUS enables billionaires to spend all they want on lies.
vapor2
(2,024 posts)14. Nope, they can't handle the truth
they run from it and still apparent
NoMoreRepugs
(11,138 posts)8. "Save Medicaid" would have been bulletproof - words matter Dems.
Scrivener7
(54,997 posts)9. If they're smart, they'll put it right back up with that wording.
mn9driver
(4,691 posts)10. And here I thought political speech was protected.
Even the vile lies that the MAGA fascists put out in their campaign materials is protected.
It seems I was only half right.
Omaha Steve
(105,002 posts)11. Apparently R's can't take the heat

Hassin Bin Sober
(27,007 posts)13. But they have been pretty successful at getting the stove shut off.