Latest Breaking News
Showing Original Post only (View all)Exclusive: Early US intel assessment suggests strikes on Iran did not destroy nuclear sites, sources say [View all]
Source: CNN
The US military strikes on three of Irans nuclear facilities last weekend did not destroy the core components of the countrys nuclear program and likely only set it back by months, according to an early US intelligence assessment that was described by four people briefed on it.
The assessment, which has not been previously reported, was produced by the Defense Intelligence Agency, the Pentagons intelligence arm. It is based on a battle damage assessment conducted by US Central Command in the aftermath of the US strikes, one of the sources said.
The analysis of the damage to the sites and the impact of the strikes on Irans nuclear ambitions is ongoing, and could change as more intelligence becomes available. But the early findings are at odds with President Donald Trumps repeated claims that the strikes completely and totally obliterated Irans nuclear enrichment facilities. Secretary of Defense Pete Hegseth also said on Sunday that Irans nuclear ambitions have been obliterated.
Two of the people familiar with the assessment said Irans stockpile of enriched uranium was not destroyed. One of the people said the centrifuges are largely intact.
Read more: https://www.cnn.com/2025/06/24/politics/intel-assessment-us-strikes-iran-nuclear-sites